The I-gaze Interweave for Attachment Repair in EMDR Therapy
The I-Gaze interweave is an intersubjective, dyadic resource to facilitate resolution of attachment trauma. This four-part training begins with the Domains of Self model: a heuristic for rapid assessment for differentiating attachment trauma from relational or shock traumas. The second part describes the zone of optimal arousal – a model that guides the therapist to assessing stability in Phase 4 and remedy over arousal. The third part describes somatic interweaves for regulating autonomic arousal. The workshop concludes with the I-Gaze Interweave for attachment repair in phase 4. Interweave-specific transference and countertransference phenomenon will be examined for their diagnostic and prognostic value.
- To learn a typology of “self-experience” and be able to rapidly identify salient negative cognition for EMDR targeting.
- To describe the zone of optimal processing for efficient and safe reprocessing.
- To describe four varieties of suboptimal processing and identify strategies for intervention.
- To utilize somatic interweaves for maintaining their clients within the zone of optimal processing.
- To utilize the I-Gaze interweave for attachment repair during phase four of the 8 phase EMDR protocol.